Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New Journey

Hello all photographers and admirers of all things photographic!

As I am sure many of you do, I often spend time on other photographers blogs, checking out their images, but also learning some things from their posts. I would love to be able to help teach others the amazing techniques I have learned - either on purpose or by accident - about photography and photoshop.

So, I've decided to start writing short tutorials and tips, with the hope of helping & inspiring others. I also feel that teaching others is how I learn best. Feel free to send any questions or techniques you would like to learn!!

And so, here is my first tip:

When getting ready for a shoot, one of the most important settings to check on your camera is your ISO. Most settings can be adjusted without damaging pixels, but there's really nothing that can make an image shot at ISO 1600 look like it was shot at ISO 100. So, what have we learned? Check your ISO, check your ISO, check your ISO!!!

No comments: